MTU COVID19 OPERATIONS UPDATE to Staff and Students - 28 Feb 2022
Two key messages are:
remember - all those who are symptomatic should self-isolate and not
- The mandatory requirement to wear masks is removed from Monday 28th Feb
2022 inclusive. Importantly, we encourage the continued use of masks. We
ask that our community supports those who choose to wear a mask – they are
doing it to protect everyone.
Following recent Government announcements on the removal of
the majority of Covid19 measures we have reviewed our MTU Covid19 response
We must remember that Covid19 remains an issue. We should
expect that case numbers may rise again following the removal of restrictions
and we must be prepared for potential further surges. We would like to assure
our entire MTU community that we are continuing to monitor the situation and
continue to engage closely with Public Health advisory.
Please remember - all those who are symptomatic should self-isolate and
not attend campus.
Changes are summarised below:
mandatory requirement to wear masks is removed from Monday 28th Feb
· Mask wearing continues on a voluntary basis and
we encourage the continued use of masks. We ask that our community supports
those who choose to wear a mask – they are doing it to protect everyone.
· The advice, if you have symptoms, is: No test is
required but self-isolate until 48 hours after symptoms resolve, (unless you’re
in one of the categories mentioned i.e., over 55 and not boosted, then the
advice is self-isolate and get a PCR test.)
· If you are a close contact, the advice (except
for healthcare workers) is - No test required if not symptomatic, self-isolate
if symptoms develop.
Compliance remaining in place:
· Hygiene Hub – will keep this going for another
few weeks. We have significant stocks with further stocks on order including Masks
and Antigen tests. We will continue this supply until reviewed.
· Infection control measures such as hand
sanitisers, handwash, etc will remain in place.
· Cleaning protocols will continue.
· Oasis Pro20 supply stations will continue.
· Covid19 Sickness Management Unit remains in
place. Staff and students are encouraged to continue to report suspected and
confirmed cases to this unit. Email to: Covid.SicknessCork@mtu.ie
Use of Student Leaders
· Retention and use of the Student Leaders for the
removal of the signage, circulation controls, etc.
· Materials to be stored in the Melbourn Building.
· No Covid19 compliance or mask wearing
enforcement will be required but we will maintain a compliance on smoking at
· Remain in place with existing roles
· There is no longer any need for specific prior travel
authorisation for foreign travel
Cork Campuses - All Erasmus travel must be advised in advance and likewise for
long-term secondments and placements.
exclusions of cover remain in place for high risk individuals in relation to
· Please continue to check with your respective
campus with regard to the travel insurance cover for Covid19 or any other
infectious disease as specific terms and conditions and exclusions apply to the
· Signage to be updated/changed
· Updates will continue on the Covid19 Portal also
· Continue Helpdesk to deal with ongoing queries - email firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance or help.
also wider supports available on campus should you wish to avail of same.
Please go to: