What is Canvas?
Canvas was originally chosen as the Institute’s Learning Management System because it is so user-friendly. The system supports a number of important online teaching-related functions. Some of these functions include:
- The ability to access notes and content put up by your lecturers
- The ability submit assignment or other files
- The ability to track your work and progress and get notifications
- The ability to communicate with your lecturers and fellow students
- In addition to using Canvas on your desktop or laptop you can also access Canvas on your smartphone or tablet by downloading the Canvas App
Some lecturers may also be making use of 'screencasting', or other software to create more media-rich content in the form of narrated slides shows, video or software demos.
Learn more about Canvas
Instructure, the company behind Canvas, provides 24/7 support via text, webchat and email. You can access this support from within Canvas.
Live Online Lectures
For support on all aspects of remote learning, please see the CIT Technology Enhaned Learning section.