**Update on Financial Assistance during college closure due to Covid-19**
Any student wishing to apply for financial assistance can do so by emailing email@example.com
Students will be asked to provide a personal statement with information on their current financial circumstances as well as supporting documentation via email. Hard copies of the Student Assistance Fund are not available at present.
GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE SAF
Applicants must be students registered with CIT participating on a third level course of not less than one-year duration leading to an under-graduate or post-graduate qualification. Resources will be targeted at students most in need. Applicants on the Back to Education Allowance, unemployed people, lone parents, and people with disabilities will also be considered.
- Only students who are registered (fees paid or have a payment arrangement in place with the CIT Fees Office) can apply for assistance from the Student Assistance Fund.
- Applications that are incomplete or missing supporting documentation will be returned to students. Documentation to support the claim must be included with the application.
- New applicants will be called to attend an interview with representatives from the Student Assistance Fund Committee to discuss the details of your application. Date/Time will be sent via text message to the number provided on the SAF application form.
The SAF committee will consider applications on the basis of application form and evidence provided. All applications will be treated confidentially.
If approved for childcare assistance, only receipts from registered child minders are accepted.
This fund is not applicable for the following students:
- ETB students
- Students on Springboard courses
- Students on Erasmus Programmes
- Postgraduate paid research students
- Students on paid work placement