The Student Assistance Fund (SAF) provides financial support to full
or part-time students of CIT, studying on campus or remotely, who are
experiencing financial difficulties. Access to this fund has been extended to include those who may have been adversely impacted by Covid-19 and need to avail of financial assitance.
SAF general information
Applicants must be students registered with CIT on a third level course of not less than one-year duration leading to an under-graduate or post-graduate qualification. Resources will be targeted at students most in need. Applicants on the Back to Education Allowance, unemployed people, lone parents and people with disabilities will also be considered. Please note the following:
- Only students who are registered (fees paid or have a payment arrangement in place with the CIT Fees Office) can apply for assistance from the Student Assistance Fund.
- Applications that are incomplete or missing supporting documentation will be returned to students. Documentation to support the claim must be included with the application.
- New applicants will be called to attend an interview with representatives from the Student Assistance Fund Committee to discuss the details of your application; date/Time will be sent via text message to the number provided on the SAF application form.
The SAF committee will consider applications on the basis of application form and evidence provided. All applications will be treated confidentially. Receipts will be required for each payment if students are successful in their application. If approved for childcare assistance, only receipts from registered child minders are accepted.
This fund is not open to the following students:
- ETB students
- Students on Springboard courses
- Students on Erasmus Programmes
- Postgraduate paid research students
- Students on paid work placement